Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sienna tags Mason: 11 facts about Mason

1. Like Sienna, we consider Mason our miracle baby. Aside from the tremendous odds I faced on ever getting pregnant, Joe and I are honestly stumped on when Mason was conceived! My OB of course narrowed down the days that it should've happened, but we swear it didn't! Hmm...still stumped. Well, we were so swept up in the adoption thing that the month of December was a blur anyways.
2. Although I love Mason dearly, he was the hardest newborn EVER! Unfortunately, I didn't know about reflux so our household suffered ALOT of constant crying for several weeks. He became happy as a clam once we introduced him to Zantac which he is still currently on.
3. For his first 5 months, Mason was a horrible sleeper. On average, he woke up 2 to 3 times a night. Finally I let him cry it out one night and now he is an excellent sleeper!
4. Mason is our serious baby. You definitely have to earn his smiles, especially if he doesn't know you.
5. Mason loves Samuel more than Joe or I. I've finally come to terms with that!
6. At this moment, Mason feels no motivation to move. He is perfectly content to sit in the same spot for an hour and play with his toys or look at books.
7. Mason is the most low maintenance, laidback child. If he is fussy and he's not hungry or tired, than I take him to the doctor because I know something is wrong (and there usually is!) Once he started sleeping better, he has been such an easy baby which is what I needed to be able to keep up with Samuel.
8. He loves being outdoors. I'll take the boys to the park and all I have to do is park Mason in a stroller and he'll just relax and enjoy the weather while I chase Samuel around.
9. Mason loves to give me kisses. Once he starts, he doesn't want to stop! My face will be covered with his saliva by the time he's done!
10. Mason is terrified of Tickle Me Elmo, dogs, and being in the bathtub with Samuel (I don't blame him, Samuel is a wild man!)
11. Mason is very sweet and sensitive. The other day he was knawing on my shoulder and actually bit me pretty good. He didn't mean to, but I responded out of pain and said "Ouch, no, no Mason!" He puckered out that bottom lip and it started to quiver, and then he started to cry. So sad! It was the first time I was stern with him and I actually started to tear up. I didn't think he'd get so sad about it!

How I love this sweet baby boy...such a blessing!

Mason tags Ella, Braxton, Sadie, Austin

4 comments:

katester said...

Mason and Sienna are quite the opposite in the maintenance category. She always wants someone's attention. I can't wait to meet him this summer.
I heard from Tyler that Joe liked Dallas? I know Joe will find something that fits your family the best.

Kristin said...

I loved reading about little Mason and it was fun for me to think about things for Brax. I hope you guys are doing great!

Britain said...

Jenn, I found your blog through our common Buckeye friends and was excited to see what you have been up to. Your boys are both darling! It sounds like you have more adventures coming up in the near future. I am excited to hear where you end up.

Our blog is private, but I would be happy to send you an invite. britain@byu.edu

Brian Adair Fam said...

That is such a sweet tag!! Watch for Austin's soon! :0) BTW, Congrats on deciding where to move!! You guys are going to do great there in Texas! We're so happy for you. Good luck with the nomad thing for a while!!