Friday, June 13, 2008

Florida...maybe another time.

Well, Florida is not meant to be for our family at this time. Joe gave his best efforts on the boards and scored almost perfectly on everything...except the biggest portion of the boards. Due to an unfortunate event, which involves a badly decayed tooth and the patient biting down on his hand at the worst moment, he received an automatic failure for that part. He nearly passed despite missing 30% of the grade, so he can retake that one procedure again. But that will not be until November. Although I am very confident that Joe can pass, we have decided not to put everything on the line again to see if he passes. It's too much of a risk and far too much pressure on my poor husband. While he was in Gainesville, he was teased endlessly about how much pressure he had...with a job, house, and my family all waiting for him to pass even though he hadn't touched a drill for 2 years. I am touched at how he went through all of that torture just to please me and my need to be by family. What a husband!
So our plans for right now? Uh, we are back to square 1. Although I was very disappointed at first, I am now pretty excited about a new adventure. Since we now are in a hurry (we will be homeless at the end of this month) Joe is looking for an associateship for a couple of years which will give us a little more time to figure out where we should settle down permanently...who knows, maybe it will be Florida in the future. We are looking everywhere and he already has a few interviews set up. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

april said...

Oh my gosh Jenn, that is so crappy. You are such a good sport about it. And poor Joe, the stress of it all and then to have that moment of bad luck (those FL boards are a killer). It makes ya sick just knowing that it wasn't his fault and now you totally have to change your plans. I'm sure he will find a great associate situation though and you guys will be happy no matter where you end up. Good luck in this stressful time!

Kristin said...

Jenn, oh I feel for you guys! I hope you get it figured out soon. I am still hoping for a move out our way : ) Let us know!

katester said...

What poor luck for Joe. Tyler and I have full confidence in Joe and know he will be great when it happens. You know just as well as I know how mysteriously the Lord works. You are so positive and I am sure Joe loves and appreciates you for it. Hang in there and hopefully this will bring you out here....we will keep our fingers crossed.

Lofgrens said...

Good Luck you guys. Everything will work out for the better. Who knows, maybe you'll end up here in Texas with us for a bit. It would be fun! We are thinking of you and praying for you!!!

Brian Adair Fam said...

What a great attitude about this whole ordeal!! You're a much better woman than me!! I know that you'll be happy no matter where you are because you are such amazing people! Good luck with everything! We miss you guys!

Mindy said...

I was just retelling this story to Chad last night and his eyes just about popped out when I said the patient bit Joe. We just can't believe it. And then how much it affects the whole family. We really hope you know what direction to go soon. It's so hard to be in the "don't know yet" stage. Good luck and keep us posted.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Jenn, we were seriously sick when we heard this news. Jeff's exact words were, "And I KNOW Joe is a good clinician!" We'll be thinking of you and praying that the right situation will come up.