Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Mason!


My sweet, handsome boy Mason turned 4 today.
As he was sassing off today while I directed him to time out, I have to admit, this day didn't seem any more special than yesterday. But then at the very end of the day when I was kissed him goodnight, I remembered the emotions of gratitude and joy that I felt when I finally got that positive pregnancy test. YES, FINALLY! Whoa, WHAT?!
4 things I love about Mace:
-He is so shy and very sensitive. Totally like his mamma in that regard! While we are working on helping him better assert his needs, he is one of the most thoughtful and sweetest kids I've ever met.
-He checks and rechecks all the facts. "Mom, we live in Texas? Not Utah, but Texas? Grandpa lives in Florida? But we don't b/c we live in Texas?" It can be wearing but he is turning out to be one smart kid!
-He is so inquisitive and his questions are hilarious. "Why did Jesus give us 2 legs?" "Why do bums have a line in them?" "Mom, is it time to pump?" (Yep, talking about breast pumping...fun stuff!)
-He finds everything funny. We often call him "drunken sailor" because he will laugh so hard that his head is bobbing and he is stumbling all around...hence, drunken sailor. During his 1st soccer practice, he found the drills to be so hilarious that he was running up and down the field, stumbling around and in the paths of others b/c he was laughing so hard. Oh, and he was the only one laughing.
Mason is such a special boy and has brought so much joy to our lives. While I absolutely adore him, he absolutely adores Joe. Everyday, Samuel wants to be something different when he grows up. Mason's answer is always the same "I want to work with Daddy and fix teeth". One day I asked him what made daddy so much cooler than mommy, and he said quite simply "Daddy is a superhero. He is strong and I want to be like him." Well then.
Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing us with this beautiful, amazing little boy.

3 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Miracle Mason, for sure. Miss you guys! Hope you're doing well!

katester said...

Gotta love those miracle babies! Happy birthday mason! He cracks me up! He and sienna would get along great!

Noelle and Corey said...

What a cutie! It is hard when we adore these boys and they adore their dads so apparently much more....Bummer!! Some days it gets to me, but I am grateful that he has a great person to look up to. One of these days they'll appreciate the countless hours we've spent taking care of them!!