Saturday, April 16, 2011

Woah, what a month!











So here are some quick pictures of my sweet, sweet Stella. Since my last post, it seems like things have never slowed down for us. Let's see, where to begin?

1. When the jaundice finally went down to low risk levels (took a month) Stella then caught RSV at 4 weeks. Holy cow, to hear your newborn wheez and cough like a smoker is horrendous. Although her oxygen levels were borderline, she responded really, really well to breathing treatments so she never had to be hospitalized. In that way we were lucky...but the breathing treatments, dr. appointments, trying to keep her hydrated, pumping b/c she wasn't eating, plus dealing with the boys meant a crazy, sleepless couple of weeks.
2. I love, love, love my Samuel but boy has has he become difficult as of late! While we were dealing with Stella, all of a sudden I began to get poor behavioral reports from everyone...speech therapy, preschool, sunday school, and friends who watched him while I drove Stella around to her appointments. Apparently it's his way or the highway these days and he doesn't want to follow directions. He's gotten into trouble in the past, but not from everyone all at once!! It's become evident that I am on a verge of a nervous breakdown...bursting into tears as his preschool director pulls me aside for a mini-conference to discuss his behavior. We are still wondering what to do next. Any ideas?

3. Mason broke his collarbone. Is it possible to catch a break???!! It's my fault. He begged me to take the rail off his bed to a be a big boy like Samuel. I initally said no and then looked into his beautiful big, brown eyes filled with tears. I am such a sucker and said yes. Well what happens? At 5 am, we hear screaming. He had rolled off his bed in his sleep, landed on his shoulder JUST right (of course) to break his collarbone. Great, another ER bill coming our way. He now has to wear this figure 8 type harnes around his shoulders for 4 weeks.


I apologize my writing is all choppy...I'm trying to hold Stella while I blog. This little girl does not like to put down at all. Nor take a bottle. We took a break from the bottle for only a few weeks and now she is completely opposed to it! She is totally attached to me in the daytime, but I can't complain because she is almost sleeping through the night already!


Alright! Phew...enough venting! I do realize there are still many things to be grateful for but I'm just looking for things to slow down and to normalize a little.

7 comments:

katester said...

STella is so beautiful! I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time with Samuel. I hope that gets better soon. And poor little Stella and mason! You have had quite the eventful month. Time to slow down.

Harmony said...

Jenn, Congratulationsto your and Joe! She is just beautiful! Sorry about the rocky start, hopefully things will only get better from here. She is just beautiful!!

Rebekah said...

What a gorgeous little daughter you have! YOu and Joe also look great! I am so sorry you have had such a hard hard time! It seems like bad things always come all a once. I bet Samuel will grow out of it. he is probably just having a hard time with having a new baby in the family who is requiring so much attention. You sound like you are a FABULOUS mother and things will get better. LOve you and miss you Jennifer!

Dave & Jada said...

Oh JEN, wow! I wish I could come help. It sounds like you have great friends. One day at a time with Samuel. I just keep thinking of him all dressed up and tapping on our front porch to Marry Poppins.
Good luck.

While They Snooze said...

JENN! She's beautiful! What a month or so you've been having! It will slow down. Kaley's been on a bad streak lately too. It's stressful but I guess they have to test you, right? Hopefully we can talk soon, in all the "free" time you have ; )

Noelle and Corey said...

That is terrible that little Stella had jaundice and RSV- poor darling! And poor you for having to go through all that too. Well, Zach is starting to act out like crazy too. He was fine for a few weeks after Zoey's birth, but has been so naughty lately. I just keep praying for patience. And sometimes I think they just need more love and affection rather than time outs. This whole parenting thing has me stumped at times! Good luck!

Sarah Lunt said...

What a gorgeous baby! I'm so sorry to hear she had RSV - nothing makes a mama more worried! I'm thrilled to hear she's better and so happy that you and Joe have such a beautiful family!