Monday, January 10, 2011

Curious about the baby...

Here are just a few of the conversations I've had with the boys that have stuck out in my mind. Of course Joe was no where near at these times so I couldn't just send them over to him. He's much better at improvising than me.

Samuel points to my boobs and says "Mommy, are you growing babies in there too?"
Me: "No honey, that's just part of my chest"
Next day...
Samuel points to my boobs and says "Mommy, are those the baby's feet?"
Me: "Honey, mommy already told you that these are part of my chest."
Samuel: "But they're getting bigger, like your tummy!"

Samuel: "Mommy, how will the baby come out of you? Your mouth?"
Me: "Yep. Hey, show me that picture you made at school today!"

Mason: "Will baby sister have a ding dong?"
Me: "Do girls have ding dongs?"
Mason: "No"
Me: "Then no, she will not have one b/c she's a girl"
Mason: "Aww, how sad."

Samuel: "Mommy, your tummy is getting so big!"
Me: "Umm, thanks hon. That's a good thing b/c that means the baby is growing."
Samuel: "How much BIGGER can she get? Geez."

Mason: "Mommy I can't see! Your big tummy is in my way!" (Apparently I was walking in
front of the TV at the moment)
Me: "Excuse me! Try again Mason."
Mason: "Sorry. Mommy, move your big tummy please"

Finally, last but not least:
Samuel: "Mommy, but how did the baby get in there?"
Me: my mouth opens but nothing comes out.

Ahh, the curiousities of toddlers. Very entertaining for sure. My self-esteem has never been better as they remind me that I am getting bigger almost everyday. Kids are much more observant than I've given them credit for. The best is that I am now referred to as a penguin (started by Joe, thanks a lot) since I am already waddling. Yep those, varicose veins are killer.
Hope everyone had a great holiday and will post pictures of ours soon!

10 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Ha! Those are awesome stories. I love how curious kids get. Kyla asked me about a couple of dark black hairs she noticed on me, "Is that the baby's hair?"

katester said...

Ha! Too cute! Thankfully Sienna was too little for those curious questions but by the time Zaida came and I would pump...oh man!

The Chron Family said...

Those are great! I love the little minds of our little people! Hope to see you guys soon!

Rebekah said...

I LOVE this post. Your boys are sooo funny! I wish my boobs got bigger. :( Also, I have girls and they have never once asked me specifically how the baby gets in my belly. I think they just assume that when Heavenly Father wants us to have a baby he puts one there. :)

Kris said...

SO FUN!! I need to call you soon, hope you're feeling better!! Love ya! :)

Noelle and Corey said...

Hilarious!! Zach doesn't quite get any of it yet. I think he just thinks I'm fat!

Dave & Jada said...

oh, Jen, Dave and I are crying we are laughing so hard. Love it!! I was the Grinch, so a cute waddling bird sounds pretty good to me.

Brian Adair Fam said...

Those are some seriously funny conversations!! I love how kids say the most random, funniest things!! We can't wait to pictures of your baby girl when she comes!!

april said...

Funny stuff Jen! I love little boys! AND the funny things they say. I'm glad you're writing them down! I'm so excited for you to have your little girl. I'm sure she'll be as wonderful as you!

Kristin said...

We just went through some of that. Wait until they are older, Jace was not brushed off easily and I really didn't want to get into a lot of this with him : ) You will love having a new baby again, I always forget how much I love newborns.