Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year=Fresh start? Hopefully!

Since Joe just set up our new computer (Merry Christmas to us!), we are still trying to figure out everything so no pictures just yet.

I just wanted to briefly post the great news from my doctor. It looks like the chemo did it's job and all the growth seems to be killed off. I actually passed the tumor...sorry if that is disgusting to anyone reading this, but it actually made my whole holiday! It was the size of a golfball and I had to run it quickly to my doctor so he could preserve it in some solution before it was sent to a pathologist. That was quite the experience...trying to quickly get myself and the boys ready, realizing the boys had found and were fighting over the "tissue"! I know, sick! Luckily it was in layers of bags so there was still a layer left by the time I arrived at the scene! Geez, I can't seem to get anything high enough these days!!!Anyways, my latest bloodwork showed that things are looking good so I am taking a break from chemo for a little while. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks to see if anything has grown back. If my bloodwork comes clean, I could possibly be homefree from this ordeal! Wish me luck!! Pictures from our Christmas vacation to come :)

3 comments:

Sarah Lunt said...

I'm so relieved to hear that you got good news! BTW, your boys are hilarious! I hope you stay healthy and this year brings you lots of happines!

BTW - how do you guys like Texas? I sure miss it! :-(

Mindy said...

Yeah! I hope the news keeps getting better and better.

katester said...

Oh jenn that is great news! I am so happy to hear that. What is it with us, huh? This new year better bring us some easier times. good luck with your future doctor visits and we will keep you in our prayers. love you!