Thursday, October 23, 2008

What a fun week!

We went with our playgroup on our first visit ever to a pumpkin patch. This part is just the pumpkins, but we went on a hay ride, bounce houses, and a little hay maze. Samuel was very upset at first when he realized he couldn't pick up the "balls" since they were too heavy. Needless to say, he was very excited to find this little house full of small pumpkins. I had to pull him out kicking and screaming after he'd thrown a few "balls" around. I couldn't imagine explaining to Joe why I had to buy 50 damaged, little pumpkins. After several attempts, Mason decided to humor me and smile for the camera. Samuel is a little over stimulated at this point...I'm surprised I even got him to sit for picture time. I love the picture below of big brother showing Mason the tractor behind me. Now the best part of the week: My parents came to visit! We had such a busy, but fun time! Here we are at the BYU vs. TCU game. I never thought I'd see the Cougars play any time soon, but luckily they are in the same conference as TCU, which is located in Fort Worth. Unfortunately, we witnessed in person the Cougar beatdown and our dream to see them play in a BCS bowl went down the drain that night. What a disappointing college FB season!!! My Buckeyes lost AND my Gators lost. I better move on before I get upset all over again! During their visit, my dad helped us get our flowerbed in order...they dug out all the nasty weeds that had overtaken the bed, trimmed all the plants, planted flowers, and put up a stone border around the flowerbed. So here is the before (most of it looked like the side Joe is working on):

And here is the after picture. Thanks dad for helping us! You saved us so much money, time, and effort!
And here we are again at the zoo...we just love that place! It's always a big hit with Samuel.
And I just wanted to add that Samuel was such a huge fan of my dad's while he was here. It was so great to see this since the last visit, Samuel was terrified of my dad. Well actually, he was scared of anyone that wasn't me or Joe, so hopefully he is outgrowing this. I wanted to add a little video of my dad and Samuel playing the guitar. My dad is a wonderful guitarist and so we had lots of music time while he was here. I had him listen to all of Samuel's favorite songs and when he played the theme song from Diego or Popcorn popping, Samuel went wild dancing! Watch Samuel's wide-eyed stare as he plays with my dad. Also note Mason, ready to destroy the guitar.


Thanks mom and dad for coming to visit! We had such a great time and we already miss you! Can't wait to see you at Christmas time.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Your landscaping looks so beautiful now. I love seeing your kids in orange next to the pumpkins. They are getting so big...you have your hands full.

Tara said...

ahhhhh...don't you just love families? Especially the ones that help out with yard work? Your place looks really nice. It looks like it was professionally landscaped. You little guys are growing so much. And to answer Joe's comment/question....yes it is boring here without you and the Christensen's. Wisconsin is all sorts of lame now.:( Thank goodness for school or I would be crying everyday! Miss you and especially my swimming partner:)

katester said...

I just love all your "ball" stories. Samuel cracks me up. You got some great pictures of the boys at the pumpkin patch. It must have been Samuels heaven and hell all at the same time. All the balls within reach but too heavy to throw. hehe.
Your yard looks amazing. The transformation is astounding. Now come do ours, please! Thanks.
I am so glad your parents came out to see your new house. Sorry about the BYU game, what a disappointment.

Dave & Jada said...

Wow! Your yard is looking great! I love the video of Samuel with a little bit of Mason. We miss you guys. I was able to see BYU barely win against UNLV. I went to see Kayla. She has adopted one and is in the process of another. I will post soon.

Dave & Jada said...

Hey, I tried to call you tonight, has your # changed?

Kristin said...

I love the pics of your mom and dad. They are so much fun, I bet your kids love them. Did Jessica come too? I am glad you guys are getting used to Texas : )