Friday, May 16, 2008

May fun

Below is a video showing a little of the love-hate relationship between Samuel and our cat Chloe...Samuel is all about the love (which he shows by pulling her tail and poking her in the eyes) and therefore Chloe is more on the opposite spectrum. The top of our recliner used to be Chloe's "spot" to sit until Samuel got old enough to climb on and bother her. Now she's usually forced to find another place to sit because of Samuel, but not without a fight! (Don't worry, she doesn't have front claws)


Here is a video of Mason in his little jumperoo. I think babies look so funny when they're in these things and Mason is no exception! He usually won't stop bouncing as long as he's in there and I have to take him out so that he'll rest.


Happy late birthday Tara! Jada and I had so much fun taking Tara (middle) out for her first pedicure. For some reason, Tara's lady gave her the deluxe pedicure and treatment while Jada and I felt jipped, but I'm wondering if she went the extra mile due to guilt...? Here's the funny story: We were talking about Tara's upcoming cruise and new bathing suits, and Tara mentioned that she wanted to lose 5 pounds . Well the lady doing Tara's pedicure piped in just then and said, "no, 10 pounds". We thought that maybe since the lady had a thick accent, there was miscommunication, so we asked her "what?" or "come again?" She then smiled and said, clear as day, "lose 10 pounds". I was baffled, but Tara didn't miss a beat and cheerfully said "yeah, maybe I should lose 10 lbs. or maybe even 15!" The crazy thing is that Tara doesn't even need to lose 1 pound...she is so fit and seriously runs 10 miles a day, which is why we thought the whole thing was funnier than anything. Well, we certainly didn't tip well, but all in all, I think Tara enjoyed her first pedicure experience. To my "Wisconsin BFF's", I will miss you both so much! I will always remember our workouts, lunches, girls nights out, and many more great times.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

that is so funny and rude!! those asian ladies are quite blunt! my girls loved the videos of your boys!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I am so glad you found me! I loved catching up on your blog and read about your boys! That is a miracle Jen! I had tears come to my eyes!! I am so excited for you guys! They are so beautiful and how lucky they are to have you as there mommy!! It looks like you guys are doing good and I am excited to see where you guys end up! We are in CO and there is plenty of room here for ortho so give us a call!!!! We miss everyone from Ohio and I am grateful to blogging to check up on people! Thanks so much for commenting and I can't wait to keep in touch!! Tell Joe hi too!

katester said...

I am so depressed! Our computer caught a virus so I am not able to watch the videos of the boys until we download media player. I will be sure to watch when we do.
That story of the pedicure is too funny. glad you didnt tip well and your friend should have kicked her in the face. hahahha

katester said...

Okay I just downloaded it so I could watch and they are so cute. So proud Sam did not back down..what a brave little boy.

Kristin said...

It is so fun to read about what you guys are up to and see pictures of your boys. It is so fun having boys close together, huh : ) Do you guys know what your plans are yet?

Brian Adair Fam said...

Your boys are soo darn cute!! The video of Samuel and Chloe is hilarious! Paige is the exact same way with almost any animal. That's a funny story about the pedicure outing. I'm glad you've been able to make such great friends there! We think about you guys often and love reading how you're doing!