Saturday, November 15, 2008

Samuel...hitting those terrible two's!

Here is my dear Samuel, who is as usual squeezing out some tears for a dramatic effect. At this moment, his world is crumbling down because one of his socks came off and he cannot find it. And when I offer him other socks to wear, he gets even more upset and throws them and himself around on the ground. After 10 minutes of searching for the stupid sock with Samuel trailing behind me, he is so happy when I produce the sock. Yep, happy for about 5 minutes until the next meltdown begins when he wants to go outside to play while I am trying to get dinner started. And the cycle of mood swings continues...happy one minute and full blown tears the next...over and over it seems. Is anyone else as baffled as I am about the terrible, terrible, terrible 2 stage? Samuel is not even 2 for heaven's sake...I have a long year ahead of me!

Well, despite the tantrums, Samuel is at a pretty funny age where his personality is really coming through. Something Samuel really loves is music. He is always bobbing his head to the beat of the music when we're in the car and he will always start dancing if he hears music, even in public. Here is a video of Samuel dancing at the pumpkin patch we were at in my previous post. I wasn't able to download the video last time, so here's another try.
In this video, Samuel is wearing a pair of little girl glasses that he found at the pool. He loved them so much that he wouldn't take them off for hours, even through dinner. Once he decides he likes something, say a particular SOCK, Samuel becomes committed and there is no changing his mind. So here he is watching Diego, eating, and singing...all while wearing his new glasses.

So the terrible two stage: endearing and enraging...hilarious and frustrating all at the same time. All I can say is that I can't wait for Mason's turn.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Terrible twos go until they are four for sure so you're in for a ride. I think we cut down on some of it by helping our kids learn some sign language because I swear part of it is pure frustration from not being able to express themselves. Who knows though? Everyone is different anyways.

katester said...

terrible twos? Try 10 months till who knows. Sienna started early. lucky me. I love the videos. Sienna loves to dance to certain songs like the abc's and the Reba theme song. hehe.

Dave & Jada said...

That made me laugh out loud! Buddy has got some great dance moves. Savy and Sadie started their terrible twos at three and it just gets better from there.

Kristin said...

Yeah...I hate to break it to you but the terrible tows don't end at two. Jace still has tantrums sometimes... : ) They do get better over time though. Isn't being a mommy fun : )

Pam Emmons said...

Hey, so you asked about my camera! I use a Nikon D40, it's an SLR. I also have a Canon Powershot A590 that I carry everywhere with me, because the Nikon is rather big to take everywhere. Although, if you are looking for a really cool "point and shoot", Carolyn and Mandie both have a Canon Powershot S5 (I think). It's a great camera because it's still just a point and shoot, although it's a high end, so it's got lots of really cool features, and doesn't cost as much as the SLR's. I think Canon makes some great cameras. The website to look at is usa.canon.com, or cnet.com. Hope this helps!

I agree with Mindy. We have taught Noah and Annie sign, and and Cooper is learning it. It's amazing how much it helps. Check out some books at the library, or some Signing Time videos. Most libraries have them. Too bad we don't live close anymore. I have the whole series. I am an addict. Check out www.signingtime.com.
Wow, lots of websites in this comment!

april said...

Kids are so funny. I love their individual quirks, though they drive us crazy with them. Cute boys Jenn!

Pam Emmons said...

Hey, can I have your address? Email it to me, if you want: pamepoo@gmail.com.

Winnie said...

I feel your pain. Evie and Daniel are going through that too. I think it will last till 4 years old. Daniel is almost 4 and i'm hoping he will stop all the tantrums. I'll let you know.