Sunday, August 10, 2008

Catch-up: summer fun in Utah

My little Mason turned 11 months today...he's growing up so fast.
Mason loves, loves, loves playing in the water. Family picture at Cherry Hill. This was the best shot out of 10 tries! We had some fun times with the Berretts at the Oakridge pool. Samuel wearing Papa Tom's hat. Samuel snuggling with grandma Suzy on the lazy river.Samuel loves making animal noises so it was so fun to take him to the zoo and watch his excitement when he saw the animals in person. You can't go to the Hogle zoo without riding the train! Mason with Joe's parents, Suzy and Tom.
The highlight of the day for Mason was the Merry Go Round. He absolutely loved it...too bad I happened to sit on the only animal that didn't move. We were too cheap to pay for another round, but luckily Mason didn't care. I think his expression in this picture is so funny.
Samuel on the other hand certainly did care. He was sitting on his favorite animal and did not want to leave. He was content to watch the Merry-go-Round, so we let him be for 30 minutes. We waited until the crowd died down before we finally braved the full-on-out tantrum.
Well we are finally on our way to Texas tommorrow, yay!!! After 6 weeks on hold in Utah, we can finally get our 'post-graduation' lives started. On Thursday, Joe and his dad flew to Milwaukee to get our stuff, and made it to Kellar,Texas by Saturday night. They had a delay due to a tire blowing out on the car trailer. Fun stuff...glad I'm responsible for flying the kids down! Many thanks to Tom and Suzy for opening your home to myself and our 2 busy, busy boys. I really appreciate your help these past weeks and I am certainly going to miss it once I'm on my own during the days again:( I will especially miss the wonderful company and watching you both interact with these babies in ways that only grandparents can. Thank you so much for everything! This move is so happy and so sad at the same time. For those of you that live by family, please always remember how truly lucky you are!! Well, hope everyone's summers are going well and I will see ya in Texas!!

9 comments:

Dave & Jada said...

I am so happy y'all are finally in TX. What a blessing to have Joe's family help you guys out. I can not believe how grown up Mason looks. Wow. Good luck in Tx and I hope we get to see y'all one day.

theSwensenFamily said...

Your boys are SO CUTE! What a fun family! Good luck with the move to Texas! This is such an exciting time and let me just tell you from recent experience...it feels sooooooo good to be on the other side of school. Your house is adorable! I bet you can't wait to decorate it! Enjoy Texas!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Looks like a ton of fun! What an exciting time. I hope the south treats you good. When you get new contact info, will you post it (or email me)? Hopefully we'll see you someday!

Faith W said...

Congrats Jen, so happy for your you guys and good luck on your new adventure in TX!

katester said...

It was so fun getting together with you and your boys this summer. Looks like you had a blast though. Grandparents are the best. Good luck in Texas and enjoy your new home. What a fun time for you guys.

Schmid Family said...

Jen,
Your family is so cute. Your boys are adorable. I found your blog through Sara Lunt's. I have a little boy that turned 11 months on Aug. 11th. It's crazy how fast they grow up. Well I hope all is well with your family.

Kristin said...

I hope you are getting all set up in your house! It was so fun to see you while you were here. Let us know when you make it back...

Kris said...

I'm so excited that you guys have ended up in Texas...Yes, that is still a place we're considering (mainly Austin), but I've definitely put the pressure on Brent to go to Cali to be by family. But that's much closer for us to come & visit. Miss you guys, hopefully we can come by and visit if we end up out there for interviews!! Love you guys! (ps, the boys are adorable...and so big now!!)

Lofgrens said...

what fun! glad you all had an enjoyable stay while in the middle of everything. We'll have to plan another get together soon - Labor day was a blast! Trey still loves looking at the pictures and naming every one of you guys!