Friday, July 18, 2008

How do you like our new house?

Here are some pictures of our "possible" new house. I say that because although we are in contract, you never know what is going to happen until the final closing day. I have had a few requests to post pictures on our blog, so here it is. I am a huge fan of the cape cod look with a little porch in front, so this house fits me exactly. We got a killer deal as well, so that was a bonus...gotta love inexpensive Texan living!

I love porches in the front!
Front entry way...it is not nearly as wide as this picture makes it look. The formal dining room is to the right
The living area. The lemon yellow will have to go (what were they thinking?) but my favorite part about the whole house is the sunroom which is through those double doors on the left of the fireplace. It's supposed to be a study, but I'll make it a playroom...my goal would be to keep the toys in that designated area and then shut the doors when I get tired of looking at them! Joe tells me good luck on ever keeping the toys contained. It's worth a try!
Another look of the living room. Below is the kitchen. This is by far the most counterspace I've ever had...goodbye tiny aparments!
There's 4 bedrooms altogether, a formal dining room, a gameroom on the top floor, and a big backyard. The best part about this house is the community center...a waterpark area, lap pools, spray parks, and so forth. I look forward to taking our kids swimming on the the many hot Texas days! Well that's the house. Joe just barely got to take a look at it while in Texas and he gives me two thumbs up on my choice. Thank goodness! It was not easy house hunting alone...talk about pressure!

14 comments:

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I love it! Keep us posted! If you move in I'm coming too! It's beautiful! Loved the 4th of July pics too!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Love it!

Kelly L said...

I love it, Jenn! Good job house shopping alone--it is beautiful!

Jenn Whitesides said...

Hey Jenn, this is Joe here it Texas with out you. Nice pictures of the house. You did do a great job house hunting for our family. I miss you guys and I look forward to seeing you and the boys next weekend. I love you guys.

Aaron and Kristel said...

Jenn, I LOVE your new house, it is so cute!!! The kitchen looks awesome! Post more pictures when you move in. :) I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Dave & Jada said...

Jen, I am so happy for y'all. Get used to that word. I hope you get there soon and things work out. We have run unto a few snags lately. Life after school was supposed to be easy!!! We may be moving again also. Well, I hope you are doing well and we hope to hear from you soon.

Rebekah said...

love it!!! it is beautiful! great job and congratulations!

katester said...

Wow!!! I love it. You did good mama. I am so proud you were able to find one so quickly as it took us 4 months.
YOu are too funny about the cookies. I was laughing so hard at your description.

Kristin said...

It is so cute! It will be perfect for you guys! It was so fun to see you last week. Let us know if you have anymore free time while you are here !

Brian Adair Fam said...

Such a cute house!! Great job! I don't think I'd be able to go house-hunting by myself. You were a brave, brave girl!!

Tara said...

WOW! Awesome house! Thanks for posting the pictures. It gives us all something to look forward to! Nice taste!

Britain said...

You are so brave to do that by yourself. It seems to me you did a great job. I love the house. You are going to be so happy with your boys there.

Mindy said...

What a beautiful home! I hope the inspection goes well and everything follows through. I think you can ask them to move up the closing date as long as you are approved by the lender. Oh, and I like the yellow. What color will you paint it? We just got done with painting Henry's room Tuesday night and it was a bigger project than I expected. Why don't they make paint that you can just roll up once and be done?!